Grupp History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished German surname Grupp is derived from the Old High German "graban," meaning "to dig." The name was originally used to indicate "a digger of graves or ditches."
Early Origins of the Grupp family
The surname Grupp was first found in Austria, where in ancient times the Graber family played a significant role within the region's feudal society. The name Grabner became prominent in local affairs and often intermarried with other distinguished families, some of whom played important roles in the territorial conflicts of the period.
Important Dates for the Grupp family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Grupp research. Another 129 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1700, 1507, 1602, 1680, 1700, 1585 and 1655 are included under the topic Early Grupp History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Grupp Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Grabner, Grabber, Graeber, Graebner, Gravner, Grabbne, Grabne, Grubner, Grappner, Grapner, Grabere, Graben, Grabel, Grabert, Grable, Grabnere, Grabnen, Grabnel, Grabbere, Grabben, Grabbel, Greber, Grebere, Greben, Graebner, Graebnere, Graebnen, Graebber, Graebbere, Graebben, Craver and many more.
Early Notables of the Grupp family (pre 1700)
During this period prominent bearers of the name Grupp were Virgil von Graben (died 1507) was an Austrian noble and knight; Maria de Grebber (1602-1680), a Dutch Golden Age painter; David Graebner who was rewarded for...
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Grupp Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Grupp migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Grupp Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johann Georg Grupp, aged 40, who arrived in America from Gemund, in 1893
- Johannes Grupp, aged 17, who arrived in America, in 1894
Grupp Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Otto Grupp, aged 9, who arrived in America, in 1908
- Barbara Grupp, aged 21, who arrived in America from Heldenfinger, Germany, in 1910
- George Grupp, aged 63, who arrived in America, in 1913
- Julius Grupp, aged 11, who arrived in America from Kaisustaudern, Germany, in 1914
- Adolf Grupp, aged 13, who arrived in America from Kaisustaudern, Germany, in 1914
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Grupp (post 1700)
- Robert William "Bob" Grupp (b. 1955), former American NFL football punter who played from 1979 to 1984
- Julian Grupp (b. 1991), German footballer
You May Also Like