Grima History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Grima family
The surname Grima was first found in Poitou.
Early History of the Grima family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Grima research. Another 33 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1667, 1696, 1750, 1789, 1815, 1835, 1836, 1842, 1870, 1888, and 1898 are included under the topic Early Grima History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Grima Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Grimard, Grémard, Grimaud, Grimault, Grimaux, Grémaud, Grimal, Grimbaut, Grimbert, Grimblot and many more.
Early Notables of the Grima family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family at this time was Jean-Charles-Marguerite-Guillaume Grimaud, a doctor in Nantes in 1750; Aimé Grimaud was a doctor in Angers in 1789; Theodore Grimault was a lawyer around 1815; Louis Grimaux was a pharmacist in 1835; Joseph Grimaud, born in 1836, a deputy, was municipal councillor of Saint-Bonnet in 1870, and became mayor the same year, then general councillor of the canton. Ely-Edmond Grimard, born in 1842 in Paris, was choirmaster of the parish of Ste-Eulalie of Bordeaux; Lucien Grimault was a surgeon around 1888; Ernest Grimaud, born in 1888, a deputy...
Another 95 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Grima Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Grima is the 7,823rd most popular surname with an estimated 1,000 - 1,500 people with that name. 
Grima migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Grima Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Emma M. Grima, aged 20, who landed in America, in 1907
- Donato Grima, aged 32, who immigrated to the United States from Vieste, Italy, in 1916
- Carmela Grima, aged 18, who immigrated to the United States from Casal Paula, Malta, in 1919
- Damian Grima, aged 24, who settled in America from Almeria, Spain, in 1920
- Angela Grima, aged 7, who settled in America from Vieste Foggia, Italy, in 1920
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Grima (post 1700) +
- Donato Grima (b. 1949), Argentine visual artist
- Andrew Grima (1921-2007), Italian artisan and designer to Queen Elizabeth II and Princess Margaret
- Blake Grima (b. 1984), Australian rules footballer
- Nathan Grima (b. 1985), Australian rules footballer
- Hollie Grima (b. 1983), Australian two-time gold and bronze medalist women's basketball player
Related Stories +
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/