Griesel History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Griesel family
The surname Griesel was first found in Hamburg, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs. Griis is also connected to several place names in the Holstein region.
Early History of the Griesel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Griesel research. Another 102 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1641, 1708, 1734, and 1739 are included under the topic Early Griesel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Griesel Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Griis, Griiser, Griisen, Griismann, Griim, Gris, Grisard, Grisel, Griset, Grisogono, Griisbach and many more.
Early Notables of the Griesel family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Griesel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Griesel migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Griesel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- L. H. Griesel, aged 34, who landed in America, in 1892
- Mrs. Griesel, aged 28, who settled in America, in 1892
Griesel Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Gaston Griesel, aged 7, who landed in America from Franksonay, in 1902
- Johanne Griesel, aged 32, who immigrated to the United States from Franksonay, in 1902
- Niklos Griesel, aged 45, who landed in America, in 1905
- Elise Griesel, aged 54, who immigrated to America from Ohrdorf, Germany, in 1909
- Alfred Griesel, aged 29, who landed in America from Bottrop, Germany, in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name Griesel (post 1700) +
- Abraham Jacobus "Abrie" Griesel (b. 1992), South African rugby union player
- Werner Griesel (b. 1986), South African rugby union player
Related Stories +