The distinguished surname Grewing was first found in Switzerland.
Early Origins of the Grewing family
The surname Grewing was first found in Switzerland
, where the family contributed to the development of the region. They became prominent in local
affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in savage tribal and national conflicts, each group seeking power and status in an ever changing territorial profile.
Early History of the Grewing family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Grewing research.Another 243 words (17 lines of text) covering the years 1769, 1807, 1485, 1527, 1599, 1664, 1611, 1678, 1671, 1719, 1841, 1826, 1815 and 1869 are included under the topic Early Grewing History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Grewing Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Graf, Grafe,Graef, Graff, Graffen, Graffin, Grafen, Grafin, Grav, Graaf and many more.
Early Notables of the Grewing family (pre 1700)
Notables of the time with the surname Grewing were Urs Graf (1485-1527), Swiss engraver and goldsmith, influenced by Albrecht Duerer; Cornelis de Graeff (1599-1664), Mayor of Amsterdam; Free Imperial Knight Andries de Graeff (1611-1678), Mayor of Amsterdam; Cornelis de Graeff (1671-1719), Dutch Canon of St. Pieter at... Another 46 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Grewing Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Grewing family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Grewing Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Franz Grewing, aged 27, who arrived in America, in 1894
Grewing Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Marie Grewing, aged 30, who arrived in America from Paris, France, in 1911
- Friedrich Grewing, aged 33, who arrived in America from Altkloster, Germany, in 1923
- Fritz Grewing, aged 9, who arrived in America from Buxtehude, Germany, in 1924
- Adelheid Grewing, aged 34, who arrived in America from Buxtehude, Germany, in 1924
- Annaliese Grewing, aged 4, who arrived in America from Buxtehude, Germany, in 1924
Contemporary Notables of the name Grewing (post 1700)
- Farouk F. Grewing (b. 1968), German classical philologist