Greiss History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Greiss family
The surname Greiss was first found in Hamburg, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs. Griis is also connected to several place names in the Holstein region.
Early History of the Greiss family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Greiss research. Another 102 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1641, 1708, 1734, and 1739 are included under the topic Early Greiss History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Greiss Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Griis, Griiser, Griisen, Griismann, Griim, Gris, Grisard, Grisel, Griset, Grisogono, Griisbach and many more.
Early Notables of the Greiss family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Greiss Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Greiss migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Greiss Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Greiss, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Johan Martin Greiss, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Johan Carl Greiss, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1754 
- John Greiss, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1765 
Greiss Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Maria Elis Greiss, aged 39, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1804 
- Anna M Greiss, aged 16, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1804 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)