Greenberg History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Greenberg is a habitational surname taken on from any of numerous places named Grünberg.
Early Origins of the Greenberg family
The surname Greenberg was first found in Baden, where since ancient times the name Grunberg was closely associated with social and political advancements of the region's feudal society. In later years the family often merged with other distinguished families, some of whom played significant roles in the local social and political affairs of the area.
Early History of the Greenberg family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Greenberg research. Another 73 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1655 and 1706 are included under the topic Early Greenberg History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Greenberg Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Grunberg, Gruenberg, Grunburg, Gruneberg, Gruenburg, Grunenberg, Gruenenberg, Grunenburg, Gruenenburg, Gruenenberg, Greenberg, Gruenberger, Grunbuerg, Grunperg, Grunperger, Gruenbuerg, Greunbuerger, Gruenperg, Gruenperger, Gruendberg, Grunberger and many more.
Early Notables of the Greenberg family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Greenberg Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Greenberg migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Greenberg Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Morris Greenberg, who landed in Mississippi in 1888 
Contemporary Notables of the name Greenberg (post 1700) +
- Paul Greenberg (1937-2021), American syndicated columnist and editorial page editor of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- Gerald B. "Jerry" Greenberg (1936-2017), American Academy Award winning and BAFTA Award winning film editor, best known for his work on the film The French Connection (1971)
- Marvin Jay Greenberg (1935-2017), American mathematician who studied at Columbia University, Assistant Professor at the University of California, Berkeley (1959-1964)
- Jack Greenberg (1924-2016), American attorney and legal scholar
- Josh Greenberg (1987-2015), American co-founder of music streaming service Grooveshark
- Maurice Raymond "Hank" Greenberg (b. 1925), American business executive, former chairman and CEO of American International Group (AIG)
- Bryan E. Greenberg (b. 1978), American actor and musician, known for his starring role in the HBO original series How to Make It in America
- Seth Greenberg (b. 1956), American former head coach for the Virginia Tech Hokies men's basketball team
- Michael James "Mike" Greenberg (b. 1967), American television anchor, television show host, and radio host for ESPN and ABC
- Richard Greenberg (b. 1958), American Tony Award winning Pulitzer Prize finalist playwright and television writer
- ... (Another 33 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Historic Events for the Greenberg family +
- Mr. Samuel Greenberg (d. 1912), aged 52, American Second Class passenger from Bronx, New York who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking and was recovered by CS Mackay-Bennett 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Titanic Passenger List - Titanic Facts. (Retrieved 2016, July 13) . Retrieved from http://www.titanicfacts.net/titanic-passenger-list.html