on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Granda family come from? What is the Spanish Granda family crest and coat of arms? When did the Granda family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Granda family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Granada, Grenados, Granatos, Granata, Grenato and many more.
First found in Granada, in southern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Granda research. Another 428 words (31 lines of text) covering the year 1324 is included under the topic Early Granda History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 22 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Granda Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Granda Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Manuel Granda, aged 40, landed in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Nicolas Granda, aged 22, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1831
- Anto Granda, aged 20, landed in New Orleans, La in 1831
- M DeLa Granda, aged 56, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1831
- Antoine Granda, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Granda Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Granda Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:38.
on orders of $85 or more