on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Granda family come from? What is the Spanish Granda family crest and coat of arms? When did the Granda family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Granda family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Granada, Grenados, Granatos, Granata, Grenato and many more.
First found in Granada, in southern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Granda research. Another 428 words(31 lines of text) covering the year 1324 is included under the topic Early Granda History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 22 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Granda Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Granda Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Manuel Granda, aged 40, landed in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Nicolas Granda, aged 22, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1831
- Anto Granda, aged 20, landed in New Orleans, La in 1831
- M DeLa Granda, aged 56, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1831
- Antoine Granda, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The Granda Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Granda Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:38.
on orders of $85 or more