Granberg History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Granberg is a habitational surname taken on from any of numerous places named Grünberg.
Early Origins of the Granberg family
The surname Granberg was first found in Baden, where since ancient times the name Grunberg was closely associated with social and political advancements of the region's feudal society. In later years the family often merged with other distinguished families, some of whom played significant roles in the local social and political affairs of the area.
Early History of the Granberg family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Granberg research. Another 73 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1655 and 1706 are included under the topic Early Granberg History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Granberg Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Grunberg, Gruenberg, Grunburg, Gruneberg, Gruenburg, Grunenberg, Gruenenberg, Grunenburg, Gruenenburg, Gruenenberg, Greenberg, Gruenberger, Grunbuerg, Grunperg, Grunperger, Gruenbuerg, Greunbuerger, Gruenperg, Gruenperger, Gruendberg, Grunberger and many more.
Early Notables of the Granberg family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Granberg Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Granberg migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Granberg Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Otto Granberg, who arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1899 
Contemporary Notables of the name Granberg (post 1700) +
- Kurt Granberg, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Illinois, 1996, 2000, 2004 
- Joonas Granberg (b. 1986), Finnish professional golfer
- Louise Elisabeth Granberg (1812-1907), Swedish playwright, translator and theatre director
- Emanuel Granberg (1754-1797), Finnish painter
- Petter Granberg (b. 1992), Swedish two-time gold medalist professional ice hockey player
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 2) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html