on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Granado family come from? What is the Spanish Granado family crest and coat of arms? When did the Granado family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Granado family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Granada, Grenados, Granatos, Granata, Grenato and many more.
First found in Granada, in southern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Granado research. Another 428 words(31 lines of text) covering the year 1324 is included under the topic Early Granado History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 22 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Granado Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Granado Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pedro Granado, who arrived in America in 1827
- Rafael Granado, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1858
- Juan Granado, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1860
- Jose Granado, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860
- Daniel Granado, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1897
- Francisco Larez Granado (b. 1919), Venezuelan journalist
- Alberto Granado (1922-2011), Argentine-Cuban biochemist, doctor, writer, and scientist
- Juan del Granado, Bolivian human-rights lawyer and politician, mayor of La Paz (2000-2010)
- Javier del Granado (1913-1996), Bolivian poet laureate
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
The Granado Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Granado Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 26 November 2012 at 19:51.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more