Early Origins of the Grado family
The surname Grado was first found in Venice
(Italian: Venezia), and seaport occupying one of the most remarkable sites of the world. Centralizing on the Grand Canal the history of the city can be traced through the different styles of architecture Byzantine, Gothic, early Renaissance
and late Renaissance
. It is rich in ancient palaces, churches, libraries, galleries, monuments, statues, treasures and artifacts. Its history is abundant in politics, art, religion, scholarship and conflict. The ducal palace was commenced in 1309. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Grado family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Grado research.Another 152 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1289, 1339, 1355, 1802, 1818, and 1820 are included under the topic Early Grado History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Grado Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Gradenigo, Gradenigi, Gradi, Grado, Gradenicco and others.
Early Notables of the Grado family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Grado Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Grado family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Grado Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- B. Pietro Grado, aged 34, who landed in America from Palermo, in 1900
- Giovanna Grado, aged 16, who emigrated to America from Sincia Lecule, in 1901
- Francesco Grado, aged 23, who settled in America from Montallegro, in 1904
- Angela Grado, aged 29, who landed in America from Palermo, in 1904
- Caterina Grado, aged 27, who landed in America from Montallegro, in 1906
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Grado (post 1700)
- Joseph Grado, founder of Grado Labs, an American manufacturer of headphones and phonograph cartridges
Grado Family Crest Products