on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: German
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Grabowski Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- David Grabowski, who arrived at New York, NY in 1865
- Anton Grabowski, who arrived at New York, NY in 1872
- Carl Grabowski, who came to Baltimore in 1874
- Joseph Grabowski, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1875
Grabowski Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Leo Grabowski, who arrived in Manitoba in 1897
- James S. "Wolf" Grabowski (b. 1944), former American football player and broadcaster
- Sue Grabowski, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1972
- Stephen S. Grabowski, American Democrat politician, Elected Pennsylvania State House of Representatives 20th District 1980
- Nick Green Grabowski, American Democrat politician, Member of Michigan Democratic State Central Committee, 1947-51
- F. H. Grabowski, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Michigan 6th District, 1916
- Edward Grabowski, American Republican politician, Member of New York Republican State Committee, 1961
- Chester Grabowski, American politician, Representative from New Jersey 9th District, 1990
- Charles A. Grabowski, American politician, Mayor of Bergenfield, New Jersey, 1926
- Bernard Francis Grabowski (b. 1923), American Democrat politician, Municipal Judge in Connecticut, 1955-60; U.S. Representative from Connecticut, 1963-67
- Henryk Grabowski (1929-2012), Polish bronze medalist long jumper at the 1958 European Athletics Championships
- Hollowak, Thomas L. Polish Heads of Household in Maryland: An Index to the 1910 Census. Wesminister MD: Family Line Publications, 1990. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Sanford, George. Historical Dictionary of Poland. Poland: Scarecrow Press, 2003. Print.
- Davies, Norman. God's Playground: A History of Poland in Two VoGod's Playground: A History of Poland in Two Volumes. Revised Ed. London: Oxford University Press, 2005. Print. (ISBN 0-199253390).
- White, Davis, and S. Jeanne. People of Polonia: The 1910 Census ward Two--Baltimore City Maryland, Part1. Baltimore, MD: Historyk Press, 1994. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Grabowski Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Grabowski Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 October 2015 at 09:32.
on orders of $85 or more