on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: German, Polish
Where did the Polish Grabowski family come from? What is the Polish Grabowski family crest and coat of arms? When did the Grabowski family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Grabowski family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Grabowski Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- David Grabowski, who arrived at New York, NY in 1865
- Anton Grabowski, who arrived at New York, NY in 1872
- Carl Grabowski, who came to Baltimore in 1874
- Joseph Grabowski, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1875
Grabowski Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Leo Grabowski, who arrived in Manitoba in 1897
- James S. "Wolf" Grabowski (b. 1944), former American football player and broadcaster
- Sue Grabowski, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1972
- Stephen S. Grabowski, American Democrat politician, Elected Pennsylvania State House of Representatives 20th District 1980
- Nick Green Grabowski, American Democrat politician, Member of Michigan Democratic State Central Committee, 1947-51
- F. H. Grabowski, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Michigan 6th District, 1916
- Edward Grabowski, American Republican politician, Member of New York Republican State Committee, 1961
- Chester Grabowski, American politician, Representative from New Jersey 9th District, 1990
- Charles A. Grabowski, American politician, Mayor of Bergenfield, New Jersey, 1926
- Bernard Francis Grabowski (b. 1923), American Democrat politician, Municipal Judge in Connecticut, 1955-60; U.S. Representative from Connecticut, 1963-67
- Henryk Grabowski (1929-2012), Polish bronze medalist long jumper at the 1958 European Athletics Championships
- Stupnicki, H. Herbarz Polski Polish Armorial, 2 Volumes. London: Figaro Press, 1963. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Jones, Stephen. The History of Poland: From Its Origin as a Nation to the Year 1795. London: Vernor and Hood, 1795. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Hollowak, Thomas L. Polish Heads of Household in Maryland: An Index to the 1910 Census. Wesminister MD: Family Line Publications, 1990. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- White, Davis, and S. Jeanne. People of Polonia: The 1910 Census ward Two--Baltimore City Maryland, Part1. Baltimore, MD: Historyk Press, 1994. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
The Grabowski Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Grabowski Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 October 2015 at 09:32.
on orders of $85 or more