on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: German
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Grabowski Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- David Grabowski, who arrived at New York, NY in 1865
- Anton Grabowski, who arrived at New York, NY in 1872
- Carl Grabowski, who came to Baltimore in 1874
- Joseph Grabowski, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1875
Grabowski Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Leo Grabowski, who arrived in Manitoba in 1897
- James S. "Wolf" Grabowski (b. 1944), former American football player and broadcaster
- Sue Grabowski, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1972
- Stephen S. Grabowski, American Democrat politician, Elected Pennsylvania State House of Representatives 20th District 1980
- Nick Green Grabowski, American Democrat politician, Member of Michigan Democratic State Central Committee, 1947-51
- F. H. Grabowski, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Michigan 6th District, 1916
- Edward Grabowski, American Republican politician, Member of New York Republican State Committee, 1961
- Chester Grabowski, American politician, Representative from New Jersey 9th District, 1990
- Charles A. Grabowski, American politician, Mayor of Bergenfield, New Jersey, 1926
- Bernard Francis Grabowski (b. 1923), American Democrat politician, Municipal Judge in Connecticut, 1955-60; U.S. Representative from Connecticut, 1963-67
- Henryk Grabowski (1929-2012), Polish bronze medalist long jumper at the 1958 European Athletics Championships
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Holskins, Janina. Polish Genealogy and Heraldry An Introduction to Research. Washington: Library of Congress, 1987. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Co., 1964. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Davies, Norman. God's Playground: A History of Poland in Two VoGod's Playground: A History of Poland in Two Volumes. Revised Ed. London: Oxford University Press, 2005. Print. (ISBN 0-199253390).
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Harper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
The Grabowski Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Grabowski Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 October 2015 at 09:32.
on orders of $85 or more