on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: German, Polish
Where did the Polish Grabowski family come from? What is the Polish Grabowski family crest and coat of arms? When did the Grabowski family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Grabowski family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Grabowski Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- David Grabowski, who arrived at New York, NY in 1865
- Anton Grabowski, who arrived at New York, NY in 1872
- Carl Grabowski, who came to Baltimore in 1874
- Joseph Grabowski, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1875
Grabowski Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Leo Grabowski, who arrived in Manitoba in 1897
- James S. "Wolf" Grabowski (b. 1944), former American football player and broadcaster
- Antoni Grabowski (1857-1921), Polish chemical engineer
- Andrzej Grabowski (b. 1952), Polish actor and comedian
- Damian Grabowski (b. 1980), Polish mixed martial artist
- Henryk Grabowski (1929-2012), Polish bronze medalist long jumper at the 1958 European Athletics Championships
- Jürgen Grabowski (b. 1944), former German footballer
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Hollowak, Thomas L. Polish Heads of Household in Maryland: An Index to the 1910 Census. Wesminister MD: Family Line Publications, 1990. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Stupnicki, H. Herbarz Polski Polish Armorial, 2 Volumes. London: Figaro Press, 1963. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Davies, Norman. God's Playground: A History of Poland in Two VoGod's Playground: A History of Poland in Two Volumes. Revised Ed. London: Oxford University Press, 2005. Print. (ISBN 0-199253390).
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Grabowski Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Grabowski Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 20 February 2014 at 02:20.
on orders of $85 or more