Grabow History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Grabow family
The surname Grabow was first found in Mecklenburg, where the name Grabow contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation, and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. Over time, the Grabow family name branched into other houses, where their influence continued to be felt because of the important role they played in the local social and political affairs.
Early History of the Grabow family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Grabow research. Another 92 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1797, 1816, and 1840 are included under the topic Early Grabow History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Grabow Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Grabow, Grabowe, Grabower, Grabowen, Grabowski, Grebow and many more.
Early Notables of the Grabow family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Grabow Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Grabow migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Grabow Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mr. Grabow, who arrived in America in 1850 
- Johann Grabow, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- Otto Grabow, who landed in New York, NY in 1850 
- Christian Grabow, who landed in Texas in 1858 
Contemporary Notables of the name Grabow (post 1700) +
- William E. Grabow, American politician, Mayor of Bozeman, Montana, 1972-73 
- Mark H. Grabow, American Democratic Party politician, Supervisor of Macomb Township, Michigan, 2008-09 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 21) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html