Govea History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Origins Available: Portuguese
The distinguished Portuguese surname Govea is of toponymic origin. Toponymic surnames are those names which derive their origin from the name of the place from which the original bearer hailed. In this instance the name Govea is derived from the place name "Gouveia", which is the name of a town located in Portugal.
Early Origins of the Govea family
The surname Govea was first found in the town of Gouveia in Portugal. The original bearer of the Govea surname was Fernao Nunes de Gouveia, who lived during the reign of King Joao I of Portugal in the 14th century.
Early History of the Govea family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Govea research.Another 135 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1368, 1497, 1548, 1505 and 1566 are included under the topic Early Govea History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Govea Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Govea family (pre 1700)
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Govea Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Govea family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Govea Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Cranuel Govea, aged 28, who emigrated to America, in 1903
- Agustin Govea, aged 44, who settled in America from Olhas, in 1906
- Agustin Govea, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States from Olhao, Portugal, in 1907
- Carlos Govea, aged 31, who emigrated to the United States from Portugal, Olhas, in 1911
- Maria A. de Freitas Govea, aged 41, who emigrated to the United States from Sac Pedro, Madeira, in 1920
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Govea (post 1700)
- A. E. B. Govea, American politician, U.S. Vice Consul in Zanzibar, 1889 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 21) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Juan José Govea Tenorio (b. 1991), Ecuadorian international footballer
Govea Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 21) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html