Gottschall History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The German state of Saxony is the glorious birthplace of the distinguished surname Gottschall. In the medieval era, Germany was fragmented and inhabited by numerous Barbarian tribes, who fought amongst themselves for control of the land. The ancient dukedom of Saxony derived its name from the Germanic tribe named the Saxons, who occupied Saxony between the 2nd and the 6th centuries.
Early Origins of the Gottschall family
The surname Gottschall was first found in Saxony, where the name Gottschalk emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. Since the 13th century the surname has been closely associated with the social and economic advancement of the region's feudal society.
Early History of the Gottschall family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gottschall research. Another 113 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1728, 1805, 1823, 1909, 1829 and 1869 are included under the topic Early Gottschall History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gottschall Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gottschalk, Gottshalk, Gottschalck, Gottchalk, Gottshalt, Gottschalck, Gottschaldt, Gottschalhs, Gottschall, Gottschalt, Gottschalg, Gottschlag, Gottschoclk, Gottschol, Gottschall, Gottechalk, Gottschlick, Gottschling, Gotshall, Gottshall, Gottshlick and many more.
Early Notables of the Gottschall family (pre 1700)
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gottschall Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Gottschall migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gottschall Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Agatha, Anna, Heinrich, Johannes, Stephan Gottschall, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1750
- Agatha Gottschall, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1750
- Agatha Gottschall, who landed in America in 1750 
- Dorothea Gottschall, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1750 
- Heinrich Gottschall, who landed in America in 1750 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Gottschall (post 1700) ||+|
- Oscar M. Gottschall, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Ohio, 1916 
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 23) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html