on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Gonda family come from? What is the German Gonda family crest and coat of arms? When did the Gonda family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Gonda family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Godingen, Godin, Goding, Godins, Gondain, Gandain and others.
First found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gonda research. Another 168 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1765, 1790, and 1792 are included under the topic Early Gonda History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Gonda Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gonda Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andras Gonda, aged 36, who emigrated to America, in 1895
Gonda Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Andras Gonda, aged 34, who landed in America from Zsolna, Hungary, in 1910
- Cecilia Gonda, aged 16, who settled in America from Farnocz, Hungary, in 1910
- Erzaobet Gonda, aged 25, who emigrated to the United States from Zsakarfalu, Hungary, in 1911
- Androf Gonda, aged 38, who emigrated to the United States from Fuberacz, Hungary, in 1914
- Anna Gonda, aged 16, who landed in America from Drugethaza, Hungary, in 1914
- Ivett Gonda (b. 1986), Hungarian-born, Canadian taekwondo competitor
- János Gonda (b. 1932), Hungarian jazz pianist
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
The Gonda Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Gonda Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 April 2012 at 08:56.
on orders of $85 or more