at Goldthorpe, a village within the Metropolitan Borough of Barnsley, but originally part of the West Riding of
. Dating back to the
of 1086, Goldthorpe was under the Manor of Bolton upon Dearne which was once owned by Roger de Busli. The place name literally means "outlying farmstead or hamlet of a man called Golda," having derived from the Old English
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Goldthwait research.Another 49 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Goldthwait History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
of this family name include: Goldthorp, Goldsthrop, Goldsthorp, Goldthorpe, Goldthrop, Goldthrupp, Goldsthrup, Goldsthrupp and many more.