Goheen History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Goheen family
The surname Goheen was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Utrecht, a city and capital of the province of Utrecht. The ramparts of this ancient city were destroyed in 1830. The Domkerk(1254) is on the site of the original church of St.Willibrord in 720. In the crypt are the hearts of Conrad II(1039) and Henry V(1125) two German Emperors. The Museum is notable for its relics and artifacts. Its tumultuous history was strongly influenced by religious conflict. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Goheen family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Goheen research. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1706, 1766 and 1814 are included under the topic Early Goheen History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Goheen Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Goodpaster, Gohin, Godden, Godinot, Godineau, Godinet and many more.
Early Notables of the Goheen family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Goheen Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Goheen is the 18,208th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Goheen migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Goheen Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. Thomas Goheen Sr., U.E. (b. 1753) born in Bensalem Township, Buck's County, Pennsylvania, USA who settled in Ontario, Canada c. 1784 served in Captain Harrison's Company, he died in 1838 in Port Hope, Ontario was married to Rebecca Clark c. 1780 having 5 children 
Contemporary Notables of the name Goheen (post 1700) +
- Robert Francis Goheen (1919-2008), American politician, U.S. Ambassador to India, 1977-80 
- Nora Goheen, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Iowa, 1928 
- Ashley Goheen, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for Arizona, 2012 
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Rubincam, Milton. The Old United Empire Loyalists List. Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc, 1976. (Originally published as; United Empire Loyalists. The Centennial of the Settlement of Upper Canada. Rose Publishing Company, 1885.) ISBN 0-8063-0331-X
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html