Goguen History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Goguen family
The surname Goguen was first found in Lorraine
, where the family was established in early times in Ognéville, a village in the department of Meurthe-et-Moselle, in the district of Nancy.
Early History of the Goguen family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Goguen research.Another 131 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1716, 1746, 1758, 1764, 1767, 1794, 1821, 1830, 1831, and 1886 are included under the topic Early Goguen History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Goguen Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Gogue, Goguen, Goguin, Goguon, Goguy, Goguineau, Goguinaud, Goguinaut, Goguinaux, Goguino, Goguel, Goguelat, Goguillon, Goguet and many more.
Early Notables of the Goguen family (pre 1700)
Another 25 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Goguen Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Goguen family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Pierre Goguet, who married Louise Garnier in Lachine in 1659; Jean Goguet, who married Marie-Madeleine Viair in Montreal in 1718; Charles Goguet, who married Madeleine Brouillet in Pte-aux-Trembles in 1723.
Contemporary Notables of the name Goguen (post 1700)
- J. Henry Goguen, American politician for Massachusetts, Secretary of the Commonwealth from 1958-1959
- Joseph Amadee Goguen (1941-2006), American computer science professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of California
- J. Henry Goguen, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Massachusetts, 1932, 1952, 1956; Secretary of State of Massachusetts, 1958-59 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Christian Kit Goguen (b. 1978), Acadian singer-songwriter/actor from New Brunswick
- Robert R. Goguen QC (b. 1957), Canadian politician, Member of the Canadian Parliament for Moncton-Riverview-Dieppe (2011-)
- René Goguen (b. 1983), French Canadian professional wrestler, known by his ring name René Duprée, one-time World Tag Team Champion
Goguen Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html