Early Origins of the Goffredo family
The surname Goffredo was first found in Naples, (Italian: Napoli, Latin: Neapolis) former capital of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies in southern Italy; it is the chief city of the province of Naples. It shares with Instanbul the claim to be the most beautiful city in Europe. Naples has 237 Churches and 57 Chapels. The National Museum and other galleries contain riches in art and artifacts. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Goffredo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Goffredo research.Another 84 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1318, 1507, 1547, 1531, 1547, 1635, 1701, 1698 and 1701 are included under the topic Early Goffredo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Goffredo Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Goffredo, Goffredi, Gioffredo, Gioffredi, Golfredo, Golfredi, Gioffreda, Giuffreda, Iofrida, Giuffie, Freda, Loffredo, Loffreda, Gioffre and many more.
Early Notables of the Goffredo family (pre 1700)
By the end of the 15th century, southern Italy was known as the Kingdom of Naples, ruled by the house of Aragon
. By the early eighteenth century, the Austrians had gained much of the region, under the rule of the Austrian
emperor Kales VI. However, in 1734, Spaniard Don Carlos defeated... Another 80 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Goffredo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Goffredo family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Goffredo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Francesco Goffredo, aged 41, who emigrated to the United States from Giovinazzo, Italy, in 1904
- Carolina Goffredo, aged 24, who emigrated to the United States from S. Gregorio M., Italy, in 1907
- Maria Goffredo, aged 18, who settled in America from Grumo, Italy, in 1907
- Mariani Goffredo, aged 45, who landed in America from Luca, Italy, in 1907
- Domenico Goffredo, aged 23, who landed in America from Giovinazzo, Italy, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Goffredo (post 1700)
- Goffredo Alessandrini (1904-1978), Italian script writer and film director
- Goffredo Parise (1929-1986), Italian writer and journalist
- Goffredo Mameli (1827-1849), Italian poet and patriot