Goetsch History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The German state of Saxony is the glorious birthplace of the distinguished surname Goetsch. In the medieval era, Germany was fragmented and inhabited by numerous Barbarian tribes, who fought amongst themselves for control of the land. The ancient dukedom of Saxony derived its name from the Germanic tribe named the Saxons, who occupied Saxony between the 2nd and the 6th centuries.
Early Origins of the Goetsch family
The surname Goetsch was first found in Saxony, where the name Gottschalk emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. Since the 13th century the surname has been closely associated with the social and economic advancement of the region's feudal society.
Early History of the Goetsch family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Goetsch research. Another 113 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1728, 1805, 1823, 1909, 1829 and 1869 are included under the topic Early Goetsch History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Goetsch Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gottschalk, Gottshalk, Gottschalck, Gottchalk, Gottshalt, Gottschalck, Gottschaldt, Gottschalhs, Gottschall, Gottschalt, Gottschalg, Gottschlag, Gottschoclk, Gottschol, Gottschall, Gottechalk, Gottschlick, Gottschling, Gotshall, Gottshall, Gottshlick and many more.
Early Notables of the Goetsch family (pre 1700)
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Goetsch Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Goetsch migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Goetsch Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Sophie Goetsch, aged 39, who landed in America in 1843 
- Friedrich Wilhelm August Goetsch, who arrived in America in 1845 
- Charl Luise Frid Goetsch, aged 43, who arrived in America in 1846 
- Charles Goetsch, who landed in Arkansas in 1895 
Contemporary Notables of the name Goetsch (post 1700) +
- Samuel David Goetsch (b. 1879), American politician, Member of Iowa State Senate; Elected 1934 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html