Gobbo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Gobbo family
The surname Gobbo was first found in Mantova in the north of Italy, and ancient Roman district, which was conquered by the Lombards in the 12th century. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Important Dates for the Gobbo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gobbo research. Another 125 words (9 lines of text) covering the year 1060 is included under the topic Early Gobbo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gobbo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gobbi, Gobio, Gobbo, Gobbis, Gobis, Gobbetti, Gobbini, Gobbato, Gobbet, Gobesso, Gobessi, Degobbis, Gobel and many more.
Early Notables of the Gobbo family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Gobbo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Gobbo family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: those who arrived along the east coast of North America.
Contemporary Notables of the name Gobbo (post 1700)
- Gian Paolo Gobbo (b. 1949), Italian Venetist politician
- Renzo Gobbo (b. 1961), Italian association football manager and former player
- Antonio Roque Gobbo (b. 1935), Brazilian writer
- Nicola Gobbo, prominent criminal lawyer in Melbourne, Australia
- Sir James Augustine Gobbo AC, CVO, KStJ, QC (b. 1931), Australian Rhodes Scholar, jurist, and the 25th Governor of Victoria
You May Also Like