on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Gleich family come from? What is the German Gleich family crest and coat of arms? When did the Gleich family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Gleich family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Glick, Glich, Glik, Gleeck, Gleek, Gliche, Glicke, Gleech, Gleeche, Gleich and many more.
First found in Bohemia, where since ancient times the Glick family made significant contributions to the advancement of the district's society. Being prominent in social affairs, the name Glick was closely associated with the turbulent events of the Medieval period and therefore frequently formed alliances with other families within the region.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gleich research. Another 139 words(10 lines of text) covering the year 1606 is included under the topic Early Gleich History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 38 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gleich Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gleich Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Georg Gleich, who settled in New Jersey in 1709
- Sovia Gleich, who came to New York in 1709
- Hana Georg Gleich, who landed in New Jersey in 1709
- Sovia Gleich, who arrived in New York in 1709
- Anna Catharina Gleich, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1756
Gleich Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Friedrich Gleich, aged 16, landed in New York in 1854
- George Gleich, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1866
- Johann Friedrich Gleich, who arrived in Ohio in 1869
- John Fr Gleich, who landed in Cincinnati, Oh in 1869-1870
- John Gottlieb Gleich, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1873
- Gerhard Gleich (b. 1941), German artist and retired professor
- Joanna Gleich (b. 1959), Polish painter
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
The Gleich Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Gleich Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 April 2012 at 08:50.
on orders of $85 or more