Gleich History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Gleich family
The surname Gleich was first found in Bohemia, where since ancient times the Glick family made significant contributions to the advancement of the district's society. Being prominent in social affairs, the name Glick was closely associated with the turbulent events of the Medieval period and therefore frequently formed alliances with other families within the region.
Early History of the Gleich family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gleich research. Another 58 words (4 lines of text) covering the year 1606 is included under the topic Early Gleich History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gleich Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Glick, Glich, Glik, Gleeck, Gleek, Gliche, Glicke, Gleech, Gleeche, Gleich and many more.
Early Notables of the Gleich family (pre 1700)
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gleich Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gleich migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gleich Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Georg Gleich, who settled in New Jersey in 1709
- Sovia Gleich, who settled in New York in 1709
- Hana Georg Gleich, who landed in New Jersey in 1709 
- Sovia Gleich, who arrived in New York in 1709 
- Anna Catharina Gleich, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1756 
Gleich Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Friedrich Gleich, aged 16, who landed in New York in 1854 
- George Gleich, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1866 
- Johann Friedrich Gleich, who arrived in Ohio in 1869 
- John Fr Gleich, who landed in Cincinnati, Oh in 1869-1870 
- John Gottlieb Gleich, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1873 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Gleich (post 1700) +
- Gerhard Gleich (b. 1941), German artist and retired professor
- Joanna Gleich (b. 1959), Polish painter
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)