on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Glatz family come from? What is the German Glatz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Glatz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Glatz family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Glatz, Glats, Glattz, Gletz, Glettz and others.
First found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power. They were originally seated at Altdorf in Bavaria.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Glatz research. Another 189 words (14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Glatz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Glatz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Glatz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Henrich Glatz, who immigrated to Pennsylvania in 1752
- Henrich Glatz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1752
Glatz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Henry Glatz, who emigrated with his family from Bremen, Germany, and arrived in New York in 1850
- Caroline Glatz, who immigrated to Indiana in 1882
Glatz Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Henderick and Anna Elizh Glatz, who arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1752
Glatz Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Carl August Glatz, aged 32, a labourer, arrived in South Australia in 1848 aboard the ship "Victoria"
- Jacob Gregory Glatz, American Libertarian politician, Candidate for Texas State House of Representatives 98th District, 2006
- A. Heistand Glatz, American Democrat politician, Member of Pennsylvania State Senate, 1862-64, 1866-68
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
The Glatz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Glatz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 26 October 2015 at 11:23.
on orders of $85 or more