Glatt History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Glatt family
The surname Glatt was first found in Hamburg, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs. The family name is also connected to several place names in the Holstein region.
Early History of the Glatt family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Glatt research. Another 101 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Glatt History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Glatt Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Glambek, Glanbek, Glambeck, Glimback, Glimbeck, Glatbek, Glattbach, Glembeck and many more.
Early Notables of the Glatt family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Glatt Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Glatt is the 17,333rd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Glatt migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Glatt Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Eliza Glatt, who settled in New York in 1832
- Tobias Glatt, aged 32, who landed in Missouri in 1841 
- August Glatt, who arrived in California in 1870
- Catha Glatt, who settled in New York, NY in 1885
- Anton Glatt, aged 23, who arrived in New York, NY in 1885 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Glatt Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Benjamin Glatt, who settled in Kansas in 1915
Contemporary Notables of the name Glatt (post 1700) +
- John Glatt, British American author of biographies and true crime books, born in London and moved to New York in 1981
- Theresa Glatt, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1920 
- Jordan Glatt, American politician, Mayor of Summit, New Jersey, 2007 
- Werner Glatt, German founder of The Glatt group in 1954, an equipment manufacturer, system supplier and engineering service provider with 1,400 employees worldwide
- Javier Glatt (b. 1981), retired professional Canadian football linebacker who played for eight seasons in the Canadian Football League (2003-2010)
- Harvey Glatt (b. 1934), Canadian music promoter, manager, broadcaster, record and instrument retailer, and record label owner
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 26) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html