Early Origins of the Giancola family
The surname Giancola was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany
, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Giancola family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Giancola research.Another 191 words (14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Giancola History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Giancola Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Giammetta, Giammatteo, Giacomello, Giocomollo, Giomacolla, Giacometti, Giamitti, Giampaola and many more.
Early Notables of the Giancola family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Giancola Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Giancola family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Giancola Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Achille Giancola, aged 31, who landed in America from Capestrano, in 1899
Giancola Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Andrea Giancola, aged 18, who emigrated to America from Capestrano, Italy, in 1903
- Alfonso Giancola, aged 21, who landed in America from S. Amero, Teramo, in 1908
- Agostino Giancola, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States from Castelpetrosa, Campobas, Italy, in 1909
- Adelina Giancola, aged 14, who settled in America from Isernia, Italy, in 1911
- Adelina Giancola, aged 28, who landed in America from Jsernia, Campobasso, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Giancola (post 1700)
- David Giancola (b. 1969), American WorldFest Houston Award winning filmmaker
- Samantha Rae Giancola (b. 1987), also known as Sammi "Sweetheart", an American television personality, model and actress
- Donato Giancola (b. 1967), American artist specializing in science fiction and fantasy illustration
- Julius Giancola, American politician, Candidate in primary for Mayor of Covington, Kentucky, 1951 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Dan Giancola (b. 1970), Canadian former CFL placekicker
- Silvana Giancola (b. 1962), Argentine fencer at the 1984 Summer Olympics