100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
Giampietro History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
A variety of distinguished and notable names have emerged from the beautiful and historical Italian region of Tuscany
, including the notable surname Giampietro. During the Middle Ages, as populations grew and travel between regions became more frequent, the people of Tuscany, who were originally known only by a single name, found it necessary to adopt a second name to identify themselves and their families. This process of adopting fixed hereditary surnames
in Italy began in the 10th and 11th centuries, but it was not completed until the modern era. The development of Italian hereditary surnames followed general principles and were characterized by derivatives from one's given name. The patronymic
surname, which is derived from the father's given name, was one of the most common name types found in the region of Tuscany
. This system of name-making was widely used because it linked well with the existing Feudal
System and during the Christian era, many people named their children after saints and biblical figures. The surname Giampietro came from a popular variation of the well-known personal name
Giovanni, or John.
Early Origins of the Giampietro family
The surname Giampietro was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), with Lapo Gianni in 1270. Gianni was a lyric poet and a friend of famous authors Dante and Cavalcanti.
Early History of the Giampietro family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Giampietro research.Another 39 words (3 lines of text) covering the years 1685, 1328, 1500, 1520, 1563, 1568, 1649, 1646, 1748, 1700, 1753, 1770 and 1801 are included under the topic Early Giampietro History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Giampietro Spelling Variations
There are many variations of most of those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. Some of these come from regional differences, like the tradition of ending northern names in "o" and southern names in "i". Others come from inaccuracies in the recording process, which were extremely common in the eras before dictionaries standardized spelling. Some of the spelling variations
of Giampietro are Gianni, Giani, Ianni, Ianne, Ianno, Giannelli, Gianelli, Giannillo, Gianniello, Giannella, Gianella, Giannarelli, Giannetti, Gianetti, Gianettini, Giannetto, Gianetto, Giannitto, Giannini, Gianini, Giannino, Gianino, Iannetti, Ianetti, Iannitti, Iannacco and many more.
Early Notables of the Giampietro family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Lapo Gianni (died after 1328) an Italian poet who lived in Florence, eleven ballads and six songs of his remain; Donato Giannotti, a political writer and historian in Florence around 1500; Giugio Pippi di Giannuzzi, a painter and architect who assisted Raphael. When Raphael... Another 129 words (9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Giampietro Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Giampietro family to the New World and Oceana
The records on immigrants and ships' passengers show a number of people bearing the name Giampietro:
Giampietro Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Caterina Giampietro, aged 5, who emigrated to America, in 1896
Giampietro Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Donato Giampietro, aged 22, who settled in America from Biccari, Italy, in 1909
- Antonio Giampietro, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States from Biccari, Italy, in 1909
- Angela Giampietro, aged 27, who emigrated to the United States from Castelluccio, Italy, in 1910
- Carmine Giampietro, aged 2, who landed in America from Colleretto Parella, Italy, in 1912
- Angelo Giampietro, aged 22, who landed in America from Mola, Italy, in 1914
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Giampietro (post 1700)
- Frank Giampietro, American poet, interim director of the Cleveland State University Poetry Center and visiting assistant professor of poetry at Cleveland State University
- Vincent Giampietro (b. 1896), American Republican politician, Member of Connecticut State House of Representatives from Stamford, 1939-40; Member of Connecticut State Senate 27th District, 1945-46 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Domenico Pellegrini Giampietro (1899-1970), Italian academic, economist, lawyer and politician
Giampietro Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!