Gertler History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Gertler family
The surname Gertler was first found in the Rhineland
, where this family was a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always influential in social affairs, the name Gurtler became an integral part of that turbulent region as it forged alliances with other families within the region and the nation.
Early History of the Gertler family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gertler research.Another 106 words (8 lines of text) covering the year 1786 is included under the topic Early Gertler History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gertler Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Gurtler, Gürlter, Gurtner, Gurter, Gorter, Girtler, Curtler, Kirtler, Gertler and many more.
Early Notables of the Gertler family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Gertler Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Gertler family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: settlers who traveled to the New World and established themselves along the eastern seaboard of the United States and Canada in the 18th and 19th centuries..
Contemporary Notables of the name Gertler (post 1700)
- Paul Gertler (b. 1955), American economist
- Nat Gertler, American writer known for his comic books, twice nominated for the Eisner Award
- Mark Lionel Gertler (b. 1951), American economist and Henry and Lucy Moses Professor of Economics at New York University
- Brie Gertler, American philosopher
- Adam Gertler, American chef, television personality
- David Gertler, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Louisiana, 1960 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Mark Gertler (1891-1939), born Marks Gertler, a British painter of figure subjects, portraits and still-life
- Greta Gertler, Australian pianist and singer
- André Gertler (1907-1998), Belgium classical violinist and teacher who fled Budapest when the country was under the Nazis
Gertler Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html