Geisinger History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Geisinger family
The surname Geisinger was first found in the Rhineland, where this family was a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always influential in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it forged alliances with other families within the region and the nation.
Early History of the Geisinger family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Geisinger research. Another 95 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Geisinger History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Geisinger Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Giesinger, Geisinger, Gaysinger, Geysinger, Giessing, Goslinga, Giasinger, Geysingen, Gaysingen, Gasinjet and many more.
Early Notables of the Geisinger family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Geisinger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Geisinger migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Geisinger Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Adam Casper Geisinger, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Adam Geisinger, who was on record in Philadelphia in 1749
Geisinger Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- I Geisinger, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850 
- Andie Geisinger, aged 40, who arrived in New York in 1854 
- Francoise Geisinger, aged 26, who arrived in New York in 1854 
- David Geisinger, who settled in Philadelphia in 1856
- George B Geisinger, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1876 
Contemporary Notables of the name Geisinger (post 1700) +
- Harry Clifford Geisinger (1933-2015), American politician who served in the Georgia House of Representatives from 1969 to 1975
- David Geisinger (1790-1860), American naval officer
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)