Geisen History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Geisen family
The surname Geisen was first found in Oldenburg in Lower Saxony where the name Geins was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Geisen family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Geisen research. Another 121 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 171 and 1712 are included under the topic Early Geisen History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Geisen Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Geins, Geintz, Geisen, Geyns, Geyn, Giens, Gienst, Gauntz, Gains, Geyns and many more.
Early Notables of the Geisen family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Geisen Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Geisen migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Geisen Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Samuel Geisen, who settled in Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1823
- Math Geisen, who settled in Virginia in 1855
- Laurenz Geisen, who arrived in Virginia in 1855
Contemporary Notables of the name Geisen (post 1700) +
- Marie-Anne Geisen, Luxembourg model and contestant at Miss Universe 1965
- Robert Geisen, German Mayor of Sevenig bei Neuerburg, a municipality in the district of Bitburg-Prüm, in Rhineland-Palatinate
Related Stories +