Geibel History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Geibel family
The surname Geibel was first found in Bavaria, where the name Geibel was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Geibel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Geibel research. Another 111 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1763 and 1768 are included under the topic Early Geibel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Geibel Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Geibel, Geibler, Geidel, Gebel, Gebl, Gebler and others.
Early Notables of the Geibel family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Geibel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Geibel migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Geibel Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Elisabetha Geibel, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1741
- Maria Dor Geibel, who landed in America in 1747 
- Maria Dorothea Geibel, who arrived in Carolina in 1747 
- Carl Geibel, who landed in New York, NY in 1782 
Geibel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anna Mary Geibel, who settled in Baltimore in 1834
- Christian Geibel, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1837 
- Adam Geibel, who arrived in America in 1862 
- Nicholas Geibel, who landed in St Clair County, Illinois in 1896 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Geibel (post 1700) ||+|
- Carl Geibel (1842-1910), born Carl Stephan Franz, a Hungarian-born German book dealer and publisher
- Hermann Geibel (1889-1972), German sculptor in the sculpture event in the art competition at the 1936 Summer Olympics
- Emanuel von Geibel (1815-1884), German poet and playwright
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)