Gattuso History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Gattuso is derived from the Italian word "gatto," meaning "a cat." It was no doubt taken on as a surname after having been a nickname for someone who was in some way cat-like.
Early Origins of the Gattuso family
The surname Gattuso was first found in Sicily (Italian: Sicilia), the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Gattuso family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gattuso research. Another 196 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1589, 1400, 1171, 1771, 1909, 1905, 1902 and 1909 are included under the topic Early Gattuso History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gattuso Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gati, Gatti, Gatto, Gatta, La Gatto, Gattelli, Gattini, Gattoli, Gattolin, Gattulli, Gattullo, Gattai, Gattei, Gatteschi, Gatiglia, Gattuso, Del Gatto, Gattico, Gattinara, Gattic, Gattola and many more.
Early Notables of the Gattuso family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this surname in early times was Giuseppe Gatti di Sesto Calende of Lombardy, who was raised to the nobility in 1771. Also of note were...
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gattuso Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gattuso migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Gattuso Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Gattuso Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anna Gattuso, aged 30, who immigrated to the United States from Palermo, in 1898
Gattuso Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Andrea Gattuso, aged 29, who landed in America from Galliecca, in 1901
- Antonino Gattuso, aged 48, who immigrated to the United States from Motta, in 1902
- Antonino Gattuso, aged 22, who landed in America from Meszoniso, in 1905
- Andrea Gattuso, aged 17, who immigrated to the United States from Gallina, Italy, in 1909
- Anna Gattuso, aged 58, who settled in America from Ventimiglia, Sicily, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Gattuso (post 1700)
- James Gattuso (b. 1957), American senior researcher
- Greg Gattuso (b. 1962), American football coach
- Paul Gattuso, American politician, Village President of Westchester, Illinois; Elected 2005 
- Stefano Gattuso (b. 1984), Italian racing driver
- Gennaro Gattuso (b. 1978), Italian footballer
- Sébastien Gattuso (b. 1971), Olympic runner
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 3) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html