Gassman History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Gassman family
The surname Gassman was first found in Hamburg, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs. The family name is also connected to several place names in the Holstein region.
Early History of the Gassman family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gassman research. Another 125 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1535, 1623, 1777 and 1866 are included under the topic Early Gassman History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gassman Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gaas, Gaes, Gaest, Gaesdon, Gas, Gascher, Gascon, Gascq, Gasele, Gäsler, Gasol, Gass, Gasse, Gasser, Gast, Gaste, Gastel and many more.
Early Notables of the Gassman family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Gassman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gassman migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gassman Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Philip Gassman, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1750 
- Philipp Rheinhard Gassman, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1750 
Contemporary Notables of the name Gassman (post 1700) +
- Tedd Gassman (b. 1943), American politician, Member of the Iowa House of Representatives (2013-)
- David B. "Dave" Gassman, American politician, Member of the South Dakota House of Representatives (2002-)
- Vittorio Gassman Knight Grand Cross, OMRI, (1922-2000), popularly known as Il Mattatore, an Italian theatre and film actor and director
- Alessandro Gassman (b. 1965), Italian actor, son of Vittorio Gassman
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)