Garro History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Origins Available: French
It is quite likely that the name Garro was originally a habitation name; that is, a surname created from a pre-existing place name. In the French Basque
province of Behenavarra, there is a Château Garro located in Garro valley.
Early Origins of the Garro family
The surname Garro was first found in the Navarre- Basque
region. Bearers of the name came originally from France where the title of Baron
de Garron was granted by Luis XIV in May, 1654.
Early History of the Garro family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Garro research.Another 121 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1589, 1671, 1743, 1765, 1786, 1819, 1455, 1623, 1702, 1675, 1678, 1678, 1682, 1682 and 1692 are included under the topic Early Garro History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Garro Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Garro family (pre 1700)
Another 47 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Garro Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Garro family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Garro Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angelo Garro, aged 25, who emigrated to America from Ferla, Sicily, in 1907
- Cesarea Garro, aged 48, who emigrated to the United States from Carlentini, Italy, in 1909
- Carmelo Garro, aged 22, who landed in America from Belvedere, Italy, in 1910
- Carmela Garro, aged 4, who emigrated to the United States from Cassaro, Sicily, in 1916
- Carmelo Garro, aged 46, who settled in America from Cassaro, Italy, in 1920
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Garro (post 1700)
- Ignacio Garro Gómez de Carrero (b. 1981), Spanish footballer
- Dante Garro (d. 2008), Argentine football player and manager
- Linda Garro, professor of anthropology at UCLA
- Elena Garro (b. 1920), Mexican novelist, playwright and poet
Garro Family Crest Products