Garnica History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The prestigious Spanish surname Garnica is of local origin, derived from the name of the place where a man once lived or held land. In this instance the surname Garnica, is derived from the place-name Guernica. Thus, the name Garnica signifies "one who hails from Guernica."
Early Origins of the Garnica family
The surname Garnica was first found in the province of Biscay, in the northern Basque provinces.
Early History of the Garnica family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Garnica research. Another 126 words (9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Garnica History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Garnica Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Garnica, Guernica and others.
Early Notables of the Garnica family (pre 1700)
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Garnica Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Garnica is the 11,229th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Garnica migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Garnica Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Carmela Garnica, aged 10, who immigrated to the United States from Colombia, in 1904
- Rafael Garnica, aged 22, who settled in America from Mexico, Mexico, in 1910
- Victoriano Garnica, aged 19, who immigrated to the United States from Ciceros, Spain, in 1913
Contemporary Notables of the name Garnica (post 1700) +
- Hector Manuel Garnica (b. 1974), Mexican professional boxer
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm