Garibaldi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Garibaldi surname was a patronymic
surname created from the medieval personal name
Garibaldo, which comes in turn from a Germanic personal name composed of the elements "gari," meaning "lance" and "baldi," meaning "courageous."
Early Origins of the Garibaldi family
The surname Garibaldi was first found in Genoa (Italian: Genova), a port city on the Gulf of Genoa, capital of the province of Genoa, in the Italian region of Liguria.
Early History of the Garibaldi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Garibaldi research.Another 155 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1780 and 1393 are included under the topic Early Garibaldi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Garibaldi Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Garibaldi, Garibaldo, Gariboldi, Giribaldi, Gribaldi, Garimoldi, Grippaldi and many more.
Early Notables of the Garibaldi family (pre 1700)
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Garibaldi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Garibaldi family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Garibaldi Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andrea Garibaldi, who arrived in New York on May 12, 1882 aboard the "Labrador"
- Antoine Garibaldi, who arrived in New York on March 15, 1880 aboard the "Amerique"
- Giovanni Garibaldi, who arrived in New York on Apr. 26, 1883 aboard the "Labrador"
- Adelaide Garibaldi, who arrived in New York on May 25, 1885 aboard the "Normandie"
- Carmela Garibaldi, who arrived in New York on Oct. 3, 1887 aboard the "La Bretagne"
Contemporary Notables of the name Garibaldi (post 1700)
- Marie Louise Garibaldi (1934-2016), American jurist, first woman to serve on the New Jersey Supreme Court
- David Garibaldi (b. 1982), American performance artist
- David Garibaldi (b. 1946), American musician
- Stephen J. Garibaldi, American politician, Member of California State Assembly 9th District, 1880-81 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Silvano Raggio Garibaldi (b. 1989), Italian footballer
- Brigadier-General Giuseppe Garibaldi (1879-1950), Italian soldier, grandson of Giuseppe Garibaldi
- Giuseppe Garibaldi (1807-1882), Italian military and political leader
Garibaldi Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html