on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Gamboa family come from? What is the Spanish Gamboa family crest and coat of arms? When did the Gamboa family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Gamboa family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gamboa, de Gamboa and others.
First found in the Basque region of northern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gamboa research. Another 367 words (26 lines of text) covering the years 1352, 1532, 1568, and 1592 are included under the topic Early Gamboa History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 56 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gamboa Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Antonio de Gamboa, who sailed to America in 1510
- Rodrigo de Gamboa, who sailed to America in 1526
- Pedro de Gamboa, who sailed to Hispaniola in 1535
- Andrés de Gamboa, who sailed to New Spain in 1538
- Francisco de Gamboa, who sailed to Honduras in 1575
Gamboa Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio De Gamboa, who landed in America in 1810
- Antonio Gamboa, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1865
- Francisco De Gamboa, who arrived in Honduras in 1875
Gamboa Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alfredo H. Gamboa, aged 29, who landed in America from Merida, Mexico, in 1910
- Barbara Gamboa, aged 10, who landed in America from Sunbilla, Spain, in 1910
- Clotilde Gamboa, aged 55, who landed in America from Panama City, Panama, in 1914
- Augusto Gamboa, aged 35, who emigrated to America from Yucatan, Mexico, in 1917
- Ceferino Gamboa, aged 38, who landed in America from Merida, Mexico, in 1919
- Hernan Gamboa (1946-2016), Venezuelan musician, composer and singer
- Santiago Gamboa (b. 1965), Colombian writer
- Julio Gamboa (b. 1971), Nicaraguan lightweight boxer
- Helen Gamboa -Sotto (b. 1948), Filipina actress and singer
- Harry Gamboa Jr. (b. 1951), Chicano essayist, photographer and director
- John Ross "Joross" Sanchez Gamboa (b. 1984), Filipino actor
- Cristian Gamboa Luna (b. 1989), Costa Rican footballer
- Yuriorkis Gamboa Toledano (b. 1981), Cuban Olympic boxer
- José Joaquín Gamboa, Mexican dramatist and diplomat
- Federico Gamboa, Mexican novelist and playwright
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
The Gamboa Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Gamboa Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 January 2016 at 12:52.
on orders of $85 or more