Early Origins of the Gallina family
The surname Gallina was first found in Milan (Italian: Milano, Milanese: Milan), the second-most populous city in Italy and the capital of Lombardy
. The two palaces in the Piazza del Duomo, Palazzo Reale and the palace of the archbishops are notable. The city is rich in art, museums, galleries and sights. Castello Sforzesco stands in the Parco. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Gallina family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gallina research.Another 161 words (12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gallina History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gallina Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Galati, Gallarati, Galleti, Galletto, Gallatto, Galli, Gallero and many more.
Early Notables of the Gallina family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Gallina Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Gallina family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gallina Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Agostino Gallina, aged 47, who landed in America from Selva di Volpago, in 1907
- Alfredo gallina, aged 14, who emigrated to the United States from Casoria, Italy, in 1909
- Agostino Gallina, aged 50, who emigrated to America from Volpago, Italy, in 1910
- Albino Gallina, aged 13, who landed in America from Mersano, Treviso, in 1913
- Alfredo Gallina, aged 23, who landed in America from S.Guiliano, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Gallina (post 1700)
- Marco Gallina (b. 1952), Italian professional footballer
- Lodovico Gallina (1752-1787), Italian painter of the Baroque period
- Roberto Gallina, Italian Grand Prix motorcycle road racer and racing team owner
- Peter Gallina, English fashion and advertising photographer/visual artist