Galliano History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Galliano family
The surname Galliano was first found in Milan (Italian: Milano, Milanese: Milan), the second-most populous city in Italy and the capital of Lombardy. The two palaces in the Piazza del Duomo, Palazzo Reale and the palace of the archbishops are notable. The city is rich in art, museums, galleries and sights. Castello Sforzesco stands in the Parco. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Galliano family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Galliano research. Another 81 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Galliano History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Galliano Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Galati, Gallarati, Galleti, Galletto, Gallatto, Galli, Gallero and many more.
Early Notables of the Galliano family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Galliano Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Galliano migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Galliano Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Chiaffredo Galliano, aged 30, who landed in America from Brosasio, Italy, in 1909
- Cleo Galliano, aged 34, who immigrated to America from Gallese, Italy, in 1909
- Almerindo Galliano, aged 19, who landed in America from Caserta, Italy, in 1910
- Emilio Galliano, aged 22, who landed in America from Vignole, Italy, in 1910
- Eugenio Galliano, aged 17, who settled in America from Vignole, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Galliano (post 1700) +
- Giuseppe Galliano (1846-1896), Italian soldier, Knight of the Order of the Saints Maurizio and Lazzaro
- Antonio Luis Galliano (1803-1866), founder of A.L. Galliano Bankers, the oldest bank in Gibraltar
- Galliano Masini (1896-1986), Italian operatic tenor, first tenor at the Rome Opera from 1930 to 1950
Related Stories +