Origins Available: French
Early Origins of the Galli family
The surname Galli was first found in Rome (Italian: Roma), the capital of the Kingdom of Italy. Little can be said in the space available which would do justice to the history of this beautiful city. From 1000 B.C, its history is a book of life itself. The buildings, culture, arts, cathedrals, churches, museums galleries hold untold treasures unequalled anywhere else in the world. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Galli family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Galli research.Another 161 words (12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Galli History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Galli Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Gallo, Gall, Gallis, Gallelli, Galletti, Gallini, Gallucci, Galluzzi, Gallion, Gallus, Gallozzi, Gallas, Gallarini and many more.
Early Notables of the Galli family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Galli Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Galli family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Galli Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Carlos Galli, aged 25, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1837 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- Joseph Galli, who settled in Philadelphia in 1878
Galli Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Adamo Galli, aged 30, who settled in America from Italy, in 1909
- Achille Galli, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States from Italy, in 1910
- Achille Galli, aged 33, who landed in America from Mesero, Italy, in 1911
- Addolorato Galli, aged 18, who landed in America from Castelpetroso, Italy, in 1913
- Adele Galli, aged 12, who emigrated to the United States from Caprino, Verona, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Galli (post 1700)
- Filippo Galli (b. 1963), former Italian football player
- Gianluigi "Gigi" Galli (b. 1973), Italian rally driver
- Niccolò Galli (1983-2001), promising footballer who died in a road traffic accident