Galati History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Galati family
The surname Galati was first found in Milan (Italian: Milano, Milanese: Milan), the second-most populous city in Italy and the capital of Lombardy. The two palaces in the Piazza del Duomo, Palazzo Reale and the palace of the archbishops are notable. The city is rich in art, museums, galleries and sights. Castello Sforzesco stands in the Parco. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Galati family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Galati research. Another 81 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Galati History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Galati Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Galati, Gallarati, Galleti, Galletto, Gallatto, Galli, Gallero and many more.
Early Notables of the Galati family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Galati Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Galati migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Galati Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Amalia Galati, aged 55, who immigrated to the United States from Napoli, in 1908
- Andrea Galati, aged 23, who landed in America from Giardinelli, Sicily, in 1910
- Antonia Galati, aged 26, who immigrated to the United States from S. Nicola Dacrissi, Italy, in 1911
- Antonino Galati, aged 16, who settled in America from Bronte, Sicily, in 1912
- Antonino Galati, aged 16, who landed in America from Longi, Sicily, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +