Gagliardo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Gagliardo family
The surname Gagliardo was first found in Naples, (Italian: Napoli, Latin: Neapolis) former capital of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies in southern Italy; it is the chief city of the province of Naples. It shares with Instanbul the claim to be the most beautiful city in Europe. Naples has 237 Churches and 57 Chapels. The National Museum and other galleries contain riches in art and artifacts. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Gagliardo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gagliardo research. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gagliardo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gagliardo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Guagliardo, Guagiardo, Gagliardi, Gagliardo, Gagliardini, Gagliarducci, Gagliardone and many more.
Early Notables of the Gagliardo family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Gagliardo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gagliardo migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gagliardo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angela Gagliardo, aged 31, who settled in America from Napoli, in 1902
- Adolfo Gagliardo, aged 1, who landed in America from Cagliacosa, Aquila, in 1908
- Anetto Gagliardo, aged 60, who landed in America from Bagheria, Sicily, in 1911
- Andrea Gagliardo, aged 16, who landed in America from Bagheria, Sicily, in 1923
- Andrea Gagliardo, aged 22, who immigrated to the United States from Palermo, Italy, in 1924
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Gagliardo (post 1700)
- Rocky Gagliardo (b. 1975), American professional football player
- Giovanna Gagliardo (b. 1943), Italian film director and screenwriter
- Gino Gagliardo (b. 1962), Canadian professional soccer player
- Maximiliano Gagliardo (b. 1983), Argentine footballer