Gagliardi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Gagliardi family
The surname Gagliardi was first found in Sicily (Italian: Sicilia), the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea and elsewhere in the south of Italy, though it is occasionally found further north. The Guagliardo spelling variation in particular is known to have originated in Sicily, while the variations of the name ending in the letter "i" are more likely from the north.
Early History of the Gagliardi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gagliardi research. Another 61 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1659, 1647, 1698 and 1762 are included under the topic Early Gagliardi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gagliardi Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gaglia, Gagliano, Gagliardi, Gagliardini, Gagliardone, Guagliardo, Gagliarducci and many more.
Early Notables of the Gagliardi family (pre 1700)
Another 47 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gagliardi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Gagliardi is the 9,028th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Migration of the Gagliardi family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Filomeno Gaglio, aged 42, who came to New York in 1882.
|Contemporary Notables of the name Gagliardi (post 1700) ||+|
- John Gagliardi (1926-2018), American football coach, inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2006
- Lee Parsons Gagliardi (1918-1998), American federal judge
- John Gagliardi (b. 1974), American professional lacrosse player
- Frank Gagliardi (1931-2011), American jazz drummer and percussionist
- Edward John 'Ed' Gagliardi (b. 1952), American bass player
- Sara Elizabeth Gagliardi (b. 1958), American legislator in the U.S. state of Colorado
- Patrick M. Gagliardi (b. 1950), American Democratic Party politician, Member of Michigan State House of Representatives 107th District, 1983-98; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Michigan, 1996 
- Peppino Gagliardi (1940-2023), Italian singer, born in Naples
- Filippo Gagliardi (d. 1659), Italian painter of the Baroque period
- Achille Gagliardi (1537-1607), Italian ascetic writer and spiritual director
- ... (Another 5 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)