Gagliardi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Gagliardi family
The surname Gagliardi was first found in Sicily
(Italian: Sicilia), the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea and elsewhere in the south of Italy, though it is occasionally found further north. The Guagliardo spelling variation in particular is known to have originated in Sicily
, while the variations of the name ending in the letter "i" are more likely from the north.
Early History of the Gagliardi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gagliardi research.Another 121 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1659, 1647, 1698 and 1762 are included under the topic Early Gagliardi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gagliardi Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Gaglia, Gagliano, Gagliardi, Gagliardini, Gagliardone, Guagliardo, Gagliarducci and many more.
Early Notables of the Gagliardi family (pre 1700)
Another 47 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gagliardi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Gagliardi family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Filomeno Gaglio, aged 42, who came to New York in 1882.
Contemporary Notables of the name Gagliardi (post 1700)
- Lee Parsons Gagliardi (1918-1998), American federal judge
- John Gagliardi (b. 1974), American professional lacrosse player
- Frank Gagliardi (1931-2011), American jazz drummer and percussionist
- Edward John 'Ed' Gagliardi (b. 1952), American bass player
- Sara Elizabeth Gagliardi (b. 1958), American legislator in the U.S. state of Colorado
- John Gagliardi (b. 1926), American football coach
- Patrick M. Gagliardi (b. 1950), American Democrat politician, Member of Michigan State House of Representatives 107th District, 1983-98; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Michigan, 1996 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Filippo Gagliardi (d. 1659), Italian painter of the Baroque period
- Achille Gagliardi (1537-1607), Italian ascetic writer and spiritual director
- Bernardino Gagliardi (1609-1660), Italian painter of the Baroque period
- ... (Another 5 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Gagliardi Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!