Gaede History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Gaede family
The surname Gaede was first found in Bavaria, where the name was closely identified in early medieval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs. Like many surnames, the name Gaede began as a personal name. Gott was a short form of any of several German personal names which began with that word, which means "good" or "God."
Early History of the Gaede family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gaede research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1745, 1817, 1843 and 1844 are included under the topic Early Gaede History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gaede Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gotte, Gott, Godt, Goth, Gothe, Gode, Godde, Gohde, Gode, Gade, Gadde and many more.
Early Notables of the Gaede family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the name Gaede in this period include the Gotte family of Bavaria, ennobled September 10th 1745.
Niels W. Gade was one of the most gifted and accomplished of living composers and conductors, was born Oct. 11, 1817, at Copenhagen, the son of a maker of musical instruments. His first instruction in music was obtained from a teacher who esteemed mechanical industry...
Another 64 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gaede Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gaede migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gaede Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- A Gaede, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- Aganeta Gaede, aged 13, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1879 
- Anna Gaede, aged 11, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1879 
- Catharine Gaede, aged 22, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1879 
- Johann Gaede, aged 19, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1879 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)