Early Origins of the Gaddini family
The surname Gaddini was first found in Cremona a city in Lombardy
, capital of the province of Cremona. Founded by the Romans
in 218 it has a checkered history. Virgil studied here. The finest building is the cathedral in the Lombard Romanesque style. It was started in 1107. There are many frescos from the 16th century. It was Austrian
in 1814, but became a part of Italy in 1859. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Gaddini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gaddini research.Another 281 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1597 and 1754 are included under the topic Early Gaddini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gaddini Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Gadi, Gaddi, Gaddini, Gaddo, Gadda, Gaddiglia and many more.
Early Notables of the Gaddini family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Gaddini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Gaddini family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gaddini Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Giovanni Gaddini, aged 17, who emigrated to the United States from Massa Macinaia, Italy, in 1911
- Giuseppe Gaddini, aged 18, who landed in America from Capannori, Italy, in 1912
- Guido Gaddini, aged 17, who emigrated to America from Capannori, Italy, in 1913
- Guiseppina Gaddini, aged 19, who landed in America from Capanoni, Italy, in 1913
- Nello Gaddini, aged 16, who settled in America from Massa Macinaia, Italy, in 1915
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Gaddini (post 1700)
- Megan Gaddini, American film technician
- Dr. Michael S. Gaddini, American medical doctor in California
- Eugenio Gaddini (1916-1985), Italian physician and psychoanalyst, President of the Italian Psychoanalytic Society (1978 to 1982)