Gadde History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Gadde family
The surname Gadde was first found in Bavaria, where the name was closely identified in early medieval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs. Like many surnames, the name Gadde began as a personal name. Gott was a short form of any of several German personal names which began with that word, which means "good" or "God."
Early History of the Gadde family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gadde research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1745, 1817, 1843 and 1844 are included under the topic Early Gadde History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gadde Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gotte, Gott, Godt, Goth, Gothe, Gode, Godde, Gohde, Gode, Gade, Gadde and many more.
Early Notables of the Gadde family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the name Gadde in this period include the Gotte family of Bavaria, ennobled September 10th 1745.
Niels W. Gade was one of the most gifted and accomplished of living composers and conductors, was born Oct. 11, 1817, at Copenhagen, the son of a maker of musical instruments. His first instruction in music was obtained from a teacher who esteemed mechanical industry...
Another 64 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gadde Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gadde migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gadde Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Gnat Gadde, aged 24, who arrived in America, in 1895
Gadde Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Barend Gadde, aged 27, who arrived in America, in 1919
- A. Gadde, who arrived in America, in 1922
- Henry Gadde, aged 36, who arrived in America, in 1922
- Herman Gadde, aged 36, who arrived in America, in 1922
- Wilhelm Gadde, aged 37, who arrived in America, in 1924
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Gadde (post 1700) +
- Sindhura Gadde (b. 1984), Indian actress and former Femina Miss India World
Related Stories +