The noble French surname Gadbois is of patronymic
origin, deriving from the personal name
of the father of the original bearer. In this instance, the family name Gadbois is derived from an ancient Germanic personal name.
Early Origins of the Gadbois family
The surname Gadbois was first found in the province of Ile-de-France, where the family was well established for centuries.
Early History of the Gadbois family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gadbois research.Another 141 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1678, 1632, 1714, 1658, 1660, 1661, 1594 and 1667 are included under the topic Early Gadbois History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gadbois Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Gadrois, Gadrot, Gadonot, Gadreau, Gadois, Gadbois, Gadoin, Gadebois, Gatebois, Gadouas and many more.
Early Notables of the Gadbois family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family was Claude Gadrois, a Parisian, who was the director of the army hospital in Germany
and died in 1678 in the full bloom of his youth, when he was only 36. Moving forward to New France, early records of that colony found Pierre (Gadoyes) Gadois (1632-1714) successfully... Another 98 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gadbois Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Gadbois family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gadbois Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Louis Gadbois who settled in Illinois in 1868
Gadbois Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Felix Gadbois who settled in Arizona in 1902
Gadbois Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Gustavus Gadbois who arrived in Ontario in 1871
Contemporary Notables of the name Gadbois (post 1700)
- Mark Gadbois, American actor
- Richard Arthur Gadbois Jr. (1932-1996), American federal judge on the United States District Court for the Central District of California
- Charles-Émile Gadbois (1906-1981), Canadian composer
- Louise Gadbois (1896-1985), Canadian artist
- Linda Gadbois, Artist, Author, Educator and Consultant
- Joseph Pierre Gadbois, Canadian physician and surgeon