Early Origins of the Gabor family
The surname Gabor was first found in Poitou.
Early History of the Gabor family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gabor research.Another 122 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1305, 1378, 1650, 1809, 1832, 1853, 1855, 1862, 1867, 1874, and 1885 are included under the topic Early Gabor History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gabor Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Gaboury, Gabet, Gabot, Gabin, Gaberet, Gabereay, Gaboreau, Gaboriau, Gaboriaud, Gaberié, Gabillaud, Gabillar, Gabillet, Gabillot, Gabillon, Gaborneau, Gabereau, Gabourd, Gaborit, Gabory and many more.
Early Notables of the Gabor family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family at this time was Louis de Gaborreau, a surgeon in 1650; the Gabory family was one of architects, one of which was Jean-Nicolas, who lived in the seventeenth century; Christophe-Hector-Amédée Gabourd, born in Grenoble, was a publisher around 1809; Etienne-Emile Gaboriau was a journalist in Saujon around... Another 112 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gabor Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Gabor family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: 220 individuals who left France between 1600 and 1900. Among them, Anne Gabory married in 1681 in Ilet, Quebec; Jeanne Gaboury married in 1692 in Levis.
Contemporary Notables of the name Gabor (post 1700)
- Zsa Zsa Gabor (b. 1917), Hungarian-American actress
- Magda Gabor (1915-1997), Hungarian born American entertainer and socialite
- Eva Gabor (1919-1995), Hungarian-born American actress
- Dennis Gabor CBE, FRS (1900-1979), Hungarian-born British physicist awarded the 1971 Nobel Prize in Physics
- B B Gabor (1948-1990), Hungary-born Canadian pop singer
Historic Events for the Gabor family
Flight TWA 800
- Mr. Daniel Kirk Gabor (1969-1996), aged 27, from Pleasanton, California, USA, American track runner flying aboard flight TWA 800 from J.F.K. Airport, New York to Leonardo da Vinci Airport, Rome when the plane crashed after takeoff ; he died in the crash CITATION[CLOSE]
Antarctic Homestead, Operation Deep Freeze the New Zealand Story, Retrieved 2018 February 21st, http://antarctic.homestead.com/901.html
- Ibolya Robertine Gabor (1909-1988), Hungarian Passenger from Budapest, Hungary, who flew aboard the Pan Am Flight 103 from Frankfurt to Detroit, known as the Lockerbie bombing in 1988 and died CITATION[CLOSE]
Pan Am Flight 103's victims: A list of those killed 25 years ago | syracuse.com. (Retrieved 2014, April 9) . Retrieved from http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/12/pan_am_flight_103s_victims_a_list_of_those_killed_25_years_ago.html