on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Futrell was first found in Bavaria
, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Futterer, Futurer, Futch, Futsch and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Futrell research. Another 148 words (11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Futrell History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Futrell Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Futrell Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Joe Futrell, aged 22, who settled in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1915
- Ralph Futrell, aged 26, who settled in America, in 1922
- Helen Futrell, aged 22, who landed in America, in 1924
- Don Juan Futrell (b. 1974), American boxer
- P. Elmo Futrell Jr. (1916-1993), American real estate appraiser and mayor
- Bobby Futrell (1962-1992), American NFL football player for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Junius Marion Futrell (1870-1955), Arkansas politician, the 30th Governor of Arkansas (1933 to 1937)
- Michael "Mike" Futrell (b. 1960), American attorney, United States Navy officer, public official, and Republican politician from Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Mary Hatwood Futrell (b. 1940), American dean, school administrator and high school teacher
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
The Futrell Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Futrell Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 November 2012 at 10:03.
on orders of $85 or more