Early Origins of the Fusco family
The surname Fusco was first found in Ravenna, a city of Emilia, capital of the province of Ravenna. It dates back to the 2nd century B.C. It came under the dominance of Rome. Augustus made it his fleet port. It fell to the Goths but Justinian sent an army in 535 A.D and restored it to Italy. By the 13th it was independent under the papal states, and generally, except for the French revolution, remained so. It is rich in art, museums, galleries, churches and history. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Fusco family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fusco research.Another 313 words (22 lines of text) covering the years 1546 and 1555 are included under the topic Early Fusco History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fusco Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Fuschino, Fusconi, Fuschoni, Fuscino, Fusco and many more.
Early Notables of the Fusco family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Fusco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Fusco family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Luigi Fuscino, who settled in Ashtabula Co., OH sometime between 1875 and 1906.
Contemporary Notables of the name Fusco (post 1700)
- John Fusco (b. 1937), American lawyer, jurist, and politician
- Joseph Fusco (b. 1980), American writer
- Joe Fusco (b. 1938), former American football player, coach
- Scott Michael Fusco (b. 1963), American retired ice hockey player
- John Fusco, Oscar-nominated American screenwriter
- Mark Edward Fusco (b. 1961), retired American professional ice hockey player
- Paul Fusco (b. 1953), American puppeteer, voice-over artist and character actor
- Coco Fusco (b. 1960), Cuban-American interdisciplinary artist and writer
- Andy Fusco, American musician who is a New York City-based alto saxophonist
- Antonio Fusco (b. 1916), Italian professional football player
- ... (Another 8 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)