on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Fultz family come from? What is the German Fultz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Fultz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Fultz family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fultz, Fulz, Faltzburg, Falzburg, Fultzburg and many more.
First found in Mecklenburg and Pomerania, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation, and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. Over time, the family name branched into other houses, where their influence continued to be felt because of the important role they played in the local social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fultz research. Another 183 words(13 lines of text) covering the years 1710, 1753 and 1754 are included under the topic Early Fultz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Fultz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fultz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Heinrich Fultz, who settled in Philadelphia in 1727
Fultz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George Fultz, who came to Philadelphia in 1824
- John Fultz, who came to Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1844
- John Fultz, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844
Fultz Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Johann Andreas Fultz, who arrived in Halifax, NS in 1751
- Johan Andrew Fultz, who settled in Halifax, NS in 1751
- Richard Aaron Fultz (b. 1973), American left-handed pitcher for the Cleveland Indians in Major League Baseball
- Dave Fultz (1875-1959), American Major League Baseball player who played from 1898 through 1905
- Jack Fultz (b. 1948), American long-distance runner
- Michael Dwayne Fultz (b. 1954), American retired NFL football player
- Aaron Fultz (b. 1973), Major League Baseball relief pitcher
- Master Leo Charles Fultz (1905-1917), Canadian resident from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada who survived the Halifax Explosion on 6th December 1917 but later died due to injuries
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
The Fultz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Fultz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 December 2014 at 15:37.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more