on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Fultz family come from? What is the German Fultz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Fultz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Fultz family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fultz, Fulz, Faltzburg, Falzburg, Fultzburg and many more.
First found in Mecklenburg and Pomerania, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation, and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. Over time, the family name branched into other houses, where their influence continued to be felt because of the important role they played in the local social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fultz research. Another 183 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1710, 1753 and 1754 are included under the topic Early Fultz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Fultz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fultz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Heinrich Fultz, who settled in Philadelphia in 1727
Fultz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George Fultz, who came to Philadelphia in 1824
- John Fultz, who came to Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1844
- John Fultz, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844
Fultz Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Johann Andreas Fultz, who arrived in Halifax, NS in 1751
- Johan Andrew Fultz, who settled in Halifax, NS in 1751
- Michael Dwayne Fultz (b. 1954), American retired NFL football player
- Dave Fultz (1875-1959), American Major League Baseball player who played from 1898 through 1905
- Richard Aaron Fultz (b. 1973), American left-handed pitcher for the Cleveland Indians in Major League Baseball
- Jack Fultz (b. 1948), American long-distance runner
- Master Leo Charles Fultz (1905-1917), Canadian resident from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada who survived the Halifax Explosion on 6th December 1917 but later died due to injuries
- Aaron Fultz (b. 1973), Major League Baseball relief pitcher
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Fultz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Fultz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 August 2015 at 16:24.
on orders of $85 or more