on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Fultz family come from? What is the German Fultz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Fultz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Fultz family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fultz, Fulz, Faltzburg, Falzburg, Fultzburg and many more.
First found in Mecklenburg and Pomerania, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation, and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. Over time, the family name branched into other houses, where their influence continued to be felt because of the important role they played in the local social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fultz research. Another 183 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1710, 1753 and 1754 are included under the topic Early Fultz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Fultz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fultz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Heinrich Fultz, who settled in Philadelphia in 1727
Fultz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George Fultz, who came to Philadelphia in 1824
- John Fultz, who came to Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1844
- John Fultz, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844
Fultz Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Johann Andreas Fultz, who arrived in Halifax, NS in 1751
- Johan Andrew Fultz, who settled in Halifax, NS in 1751
- Michael Dwayne Fultz (b. 1954), American retired NFL football player
- Dave Fultz (1875-1959), American Major League Baseball player who played from 1898 through 1905
- Richard Aaron Fultz (b. 1973), American left-handed pitcher for the Cleveland Indians in Major League Baseball
- Jack Fultz (b. 1948), American long-distance runner
- Master Leo Charles Fultz (1905-1917), Canadian resident from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada who survived the Halifax Explosion on 6th December 1917 but later died due to injuries
- Aaron Fultz (b. 1973), Major League Baseball relief pitcher
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
The Fultz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Fultz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 August 2015 at 16:24.
on orders of $85 or more